Spherical is a creative team of web designers, writers, developers, photographers, researchers, organizers, editors, data crunchers and social media gurus. Above all, we are travelers shaped by our diverse experiences and the belief that cultural connection is powerful.
Being a boutique scale agency we don’t hire often, but we’re always looking to have the right people available when roles open up at our New York, Bangkok, and Barcelona offices. Feel free to reach out directly at email@example.com or apply below.
Full Time Positions Based in NYC
Spherical is looking for a Social Media Manager / Director to oversee all social media strategy, help with active community engagement and content creation, and lead client meetings on social strategy. The ideal candidate has extensive experience with social media strategies and analytics, but continues to think outside the box for innovative solutions. This person will be a core social strategist for Spherical, taking on full responsibility for key clients and direct strategy development for others.
* Oversees and develops overall social strategy for each client, working closely with creative and editorial leads
* Collaborate with content team for strategic planning and execution
* Oversee account managers and account coordinators
* Project manage team to set deadlines and ensure follow through
* Take the lead on key client relationships
* Laisse with internal content, production, and analytics teams
* Oversee strategy and execution of social advertising campaigns
* Creative experience in copywriting and defining visual identity
* Stays relevant in the industry – explore new platforms, innovations and tools and provide proactive ideas to clients
* Reports weekly to account and marketing directors on client progress
* Assists in proposal creation for new and existing clients
* 3-5 years experience (Manager) / 5-8 years experience (Director) in social media management and strategy, ideally at a creative agency
* 3-5 years experience (Manager) / 5-8 years experience (Director) of team management experience
* Hospitality industry is a huge plus
* Familiarity with data analytics and how to translate into community content are a plus
* Proven client relationship development skills and internal communication skills
* Proactive, driven, and engaged individual with strong organizational skills
* Proven working experience in project management and accountability
Spherical Communications is looking for a Performance Account Manager/Director to join our marketing team in NYC. This role will have a strong focus on search marketing (SEO focus also with SEM experience), while also working across social media, content marketing and website analytics. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of organic search, an analytical approach that stretches all areas of digital marketing including creative, and a strong technical background. This role will require a strong client facing presence and a holistic marketing approach that understands a wide range of digital marketing tactics and the intersections between each service area.
* Lead key client relationships
* Lead weekly client check ins, monthly client reporting, quarterly and annual client planning
* Establish client specific cross-service strategies in collaboration with departmental specialists
* Comprehensive keyword research and analysis
* Assist development team and search marketing team in performance marketing projects
* Handle ad hoc client requests in a timely manner
* Computer science or marketing majors preferred
* 2-5 years (Manager) / 5-8 years (Director) of basic SEO experience
* Experience designing, coding and hosting sites
* Social media analytics experience
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint – Excellent communication skills
* Working knowledge of search marketing basics – Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
* Natural curiosity and a creative mindset
* Knowledge of various Google technologies including Webmaster Tools, Analytics, and
* Google My Business
* Hosting and DNS knowledge
* Programming skills are a plus (WordPress, PHP)
Spherical is looking for a Website Product Manager to oversee website performance for existing accounts while assisting with new website design and development projects.
The ideal candidate must have a strong technical background and a deep understanding of how to create and execute on roadmaps for all strategic initiatives and client set goals. The Product Manager will work with the Lead Digital Project Manager to shape website builds and manage client deliverables.
* Field daily client requests and manage outstanding development items
* Manage development team on daily and weekly maintenance priorities
* Support development team on minor bug fixes and site changes
* Support Lead Project Manager on website build including client communications, expectations and deliverables.
* 2-5 years of product management and development experience
* Proficiency in WordPress, HTML and CSS
* Proficiency in A/B testing, heat mapping, and analytics
* Excellent communication skills
* A passion for organization
* Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
* Experience in managing website development projects
Spherical is seeking a Full Time Digital Account Coordinator to support our digital marketing team. This person will assist with client services and communicate with luxury hospitality clients on a daily basis to manage marketing requests. The ideal account coordinator is familiar with and can discuss a broad range of digital marketing strategies and campaigns.
* Take responsibility for the client’s marketing goals.
* Communicate with marketing team on client requests to produce accurate timelines.
* Assist the digital marketing team with client interfacing and active campaigns
* Aid in implementing paid search and paid social campaigns.
* Proven experience in digital marketing. Experience in hotels, hospitality, and hotel industry is a huge plus.
* Be fluent in all digital marketing offerings
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* 1-2 years of account management experience
* Google Adwords: 1 year
* Facebook Ads: 1 year
* Google Analytics: 1 year
Spherical is seeking a Social Media Account Coordinator to support our Social Media marketing team. This person will be hands on with various social media channels for multiple entities, assist with client services and communicate with luxury hospitality clients on a daily basis. The ideal account coordinator is familiar with and can discuss a broad range of digital marketing strategies and campaigns.
* Oversees and executes community management on client projects
* Assists Account Manager in building monthly and quarterly reports
* Oversees implementation of social media content
* Drafts and reviews content as needed
* Assists Account Manager in developing strategic recommendations and campaigns
* Research and identifies influencers that align with campaign objectives
* Assists Account Manager in facilitating workflow and managing project deliverables across all project areas
* Schedules client and internal meetings
* Assists with client correspondence and interaction as determined by Account Manager
* Assists Editorial leads in following up on content requests for social and editorial calendars
* Assists creative leads in sourcing photos for social and editorial calendars and planning itineraries/shot lists for content production trips
* Copywriting for monthly content calendars
*Proven experience in Social Media marketing. Experience in hotels, hospitality, and travel industry is a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* 1-2 years of social media management experience preferred
Generally 100 hrs/month in New York
Spherical is looking for a Community Manager to lead engagement and social strategy on client social media accounts. This role is fundamentally focused on executing social media strategy by proactively engaging the community and starting and continuing conversations. This person will be focused on organically growing client presence with incessant execution and savvy communication.
The ideal candidate has a love of social media, both personally and professionally, and maintains strong conversational communication skills across platforms. You have a strong grasp of social media strategy and execution. The role requires enthusiastic engagement with the community through cultivating relationships and networking. The Community Manager will develop and implement social media strategies, manage platforms, and liaise with the marketing team and clients.
* Organic growth and engagement
* Actively develop relationships with community members through execution of social strategy.
* Cultivate an approachable and friendly online presence for clients.
* Track community interactions and content creation with superb organization.
* Gear community activity toward marketing goals and report on progress.
* Gather community insights to apply to future content ideation
* Manage and moderate community conversation. Advance brand visibility within the community.
* Identify and engage with influencers.
* Use storytelling to develop community interest.
* Develop social media strategy across platforms.
* Use social metrics and insights to prepare monthly reports for clients.
* Proven experience developing conversations and visibility through active engagement.
* You enjoy working on a collaborative team.
* Technical Skills:
* Familiarity with data analytics and how to translate them into community content.
* Social media addict
* Maintain an active approachable presence across social media platforms.
* Have current knowledge of all platforms and social media tools and their uses.
* Ability to interface with community members, clients, developers, and writers.
* Always updated on what is trending on social networks.
* Great verbal communication.
* Minimum 1 year work experience managing social media.
* Support the content production team with researching and sourcing photography for several hospitality clients.
* Work with the marketing and editorial teams to implement content in WordPress.
* Source and capture imagery to be implemented across social media platforms.
* Work with Lead Creative Producer to put together pitch decks, mood boards, and updates to company portfolio.
* Passion for photography and strong eye for design.
* Working knowledge of social media tools, photography.
* Organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple deadlines.
* Creative visually and strategically, looking to collaborate with team and concept new ideas that are on-brand for each client.
* We will reach out if your resume and notes indicate that there is a good fit for this role!
Spherical is looking for a Junior Designer to join the team. This person will work directly with the Lead Visual & Interactive Designer and support the Creative Director to executive large-scale website design projects and extend a clients overall digital presence. The ideal candidate will be very detail oriented, willing to do whatever it takes and have worked in industry for 1-3 years.
* Research and references website builds/products
* Email template designs with designer
* Website notification designs with designer
* Design updates to be carried through to multiple designs
* WordPress training and crash course with Designer
* Collaboration with Designer on design updates to sites and blogs
* Monitoring, creation and population of dev QA sheets with Designer and Content manager
* Monitoring, creation and population of design QA sheets with Designer and Content manager
* Collaboration with Designer, content manager and Marketing team on file organization
* Collaboration with Designer and content manager on Design and development QA sheets
* Content implementation (copy, imagery, URLs, SEO) on website builds with Content manager
* 1-3 Years in interaction/visual design experience
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Exceptional design skills and portfolio
* Proficiency in industry design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, InDesign, Zeplin)
* Basic understanding of SEO
* Strong understanding of WordPress, Squarespace, Shopify
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
* Open, curious and flexible mindset
* Experience working with development team
* Up on tech innovation (web apps, AR)
* Grit and eagerness to push things further
* Experience and success at working within brand guidelines
Spherical is seeking a Part Time Editorial Assistant to join its team of content marketers, producing and editing digital content for luxury and boutique hotels. This entry-level position is located at our office in SoHo, Manhattan. It is a part time position, between 50-100 hours per month, ideally based in NYC.
Reporting to the digital content editor the Editorial Assistant will be responsible for crafting high-quality content for Spherical’s luxury and boutique hotel clients’ digital channels, and for managing a small team of freelance writers. The ideal candidate is comfortable writing for a range of efforts including destination blogs, hotel web copy, marketing offers, social media captions and other projects. S/He possesses a strong understanding of brand tone of voice and style guides, with the ability to translate them into engaging words across platforms. Writing experience in marketing, hotels or the travel industry is a plus. Superb writing skills and an interest in editing are requirements.
*Research, report and execute high-quality content across platforms for several luxury and boutique hotel clients
*Oversee a team of freelance writers who contribute monthly blog & event posts
*Translate brand tone of voice and attributes effectively across channels
*Operate the CMS to upload stories
*Exceptional fluency with grammar, spelling and punctuation
*Good work ethic and great collaborator
*Familiarity with using a CMS is a plus
*Applicants should be interested in hospitality and travel.
Spherical is looking for an Part Time SEO Analyst who is helping us to manage our digital marketing initiatives for our clients. This intern will support out digital marketing search and social analytics team. The ideal candidate knows key digital marketing concepts, particularly numbers-driven analytics and eCommerce. Passion for travel and hospitality is a huge plus.
Your interests / skills are:
* Digital marketing, specifically search marketing
* A team player with strong communication skills
* Research and analytical skills
* Able to manage projects with minimal supervision
* Proficiency in Excel, Keynote Presentation and social media platforms
* Basic knowledge of HTML and website functioning are assets
© Spherical - Copyright 2019